Registered Nutritionist Based In Galway, Oranmore And Craughwell
I am a clinical nutritionist working in the health sector for more than 12 years. I work alongside the GP and world-renowned medical Herbalist Dr Dilis Clare in her Galway practice. As part of her clinical team, I take on the role of functional nutritionist– linking diet, medical history, lifestyle and presenting symptoms to uncover the cause of your health problem(s).
I also work in functional medicine in my own Nutrition clinics in Galway and Oranmore.
In other words, my aim is to not only to make you feel better but ultimately find out why you are not feeling well. This may involve diet and lifestyle changes. I do prescribe some supplements, herbal blends and certain interventions based on the needs, budget and capabilities of the person. No two people are the same!
Some Clients Do Need Testing Depending On The Condition Either Using:
- standard hospital laboratory testing (NUIG or your own local hospital/GP)
- food intolerance tests
- functional tests (Genova Diagnostics for detailed thyroid panels, adrenal function, stool testing, etc. or Fitzwilliam Clinic)
- Nutrigenomic testing (myDNAhealth, 23andme or Strategene)
I also guest lecture in Athlone IT and work alongside GRETB on positive nutrition-based projects with a variety of students as part of the panel of teachers. Some clients request food plans and support with particular diet plans and I am happy to work with them if the diet is right for them.
More and more teenagers, families and children are coming to see me either to empower themselves, deal with bad eating habits or get dietary advice for particular sports nutrition.
Nutritional therapy is fast becoming the key to optimal health. I designed my own combined nutrition and healthy cookery demonstrations based on the various conditions I see in clinic. After working in the food industry for 15 years the two worlds work really well together.
People want practical, healthy and mainly quick recipes and plans to use in their busy lives. Healthy does not have to be bland and boring! For information or a nutritional consultation call 087 9074701 or use my contact page.
So How Can A Nutritionist Help You With Your Nutrition?
Nutritional Therapy is suitable for both children and adults and has been shown to be beneficial for many conditions including:
- Digestive disorders: constipation, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), bloating, gastric reflux
- Food allergies/sensitivities
- Hormonal imbalances: premenstrual syndrome (PMS), polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), endometriosis, fertility problems, menopause
- Skin disorders: acne, eczema, psoriasis
- Metabolic Syndrome (weight gain/obesity, raised cholesterol, insulin resistance and high blood pressure)
- Thyroid disorders/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Mood disorders: anxiety, depression, stress
- Respiratory disorders: sinusitis, persistent runny nose, asthma
- Migraine headaches
- Recurring thrush, cystitis
- Attention deficit & hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), dyslexia, dyspraxia
- Functional sports nutrition
Other Services Are Available
- Corporate Nutrition training or Cookery Classes and demonstrations.
- School healthy eating projects and nutrition information.
- Nutrition packages
- Secondary and Third Level Education.
Get In Contact
For more information please feel free to get in touch. Either via my contact page or simply call 087 9074701.